Originally Posted by Oregon45
If you're not committed to a 1911 platform, an HK45 Compact for $699 would require no modifications for use with 45 Super and likely would be cheaper than the Kimber.

The concerns I have with running 45 Super in my Colt Commanders are frame battering and the possibility of the slide outrunning the magazine during the recoil cycle causing a feeding jam. I have not tried 45 Super in my Commanders because I have HK's for that purpose.

Can You tell me a little about an HK in 45 Super. I recently acquired a USP 40 and found that I like the HK operation and ergo's over my Glocks. My intention has been to find a USP 45 Compact. I don't know anything about the 45 super except having heard of it a couple times.

Will the USP 45 handle the 45 Super just as well as the HK45? I would think so but wondered if you knew if all models of HK's would handle the 45 Super. Is it then just a matter of load data to shoot a 45 Super in an H&K USP 45?

What bullets do you use and velocity do you get? How do you think the USP 45c would do? It may be my be all end all carry gun if I like it as much as my full sized USP in 40 cal.

Damn sorry to the OP. I meant this to be a PM to Oregon. Please feel free to answer in PM to not derail.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 05/20/19.