Originally Posted by WiFowler
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Email Dan. He'll tell you exactly how he wants it measured.

Picture is worth a 1000 words.

There are several You Tube video's floating around the internet on the subject-
But
Most are concerned with 1 aspect of the issue & neglect the 4 other crucial aspects.

I require-
The serial number pre-fix letter(s) of the receiver.
(to ascertain handle vintage)
If any modifications have been performed to the bolt handle.
(OEM cast handles have voids/inclusions)
If any extractor modifications have been performed to the bolt nose.
(Improper SAKO extractor mods that have a through hole instead of c/bored extractor pivot point is a dangerous modification & service will be refused)
If any paint/coatings have been applied to the bolt/handle.
(Coatings are not conducive to TIG welding)

A simple clearance measurement is required.
A simple scribe mark is required if your bolt body is in 1 hand & your bolt handle in the other.
2 simple measurements from the receiver if it has been trued & has not been re-barreled.

At best,depending on vintage of any non-bastardized Rem 2 bolt lug bolt/receiver the bolt/handle is .060"(1/16) to.180"(3/16) out of TIME. out of the box.

IF, a 'phone call(I'll return call on my cell) or e-mail is not received & a pkge arrives,said package will be returned w/ refused service.PERIOD.
IF, any & all requested info is not included in said pkge,it will be returned w/ refused service.PERIOD.

I do not,have not,will not randomly re-attach a bolt handle to anybody's bolt body.

In 30+ years & 10,000+ precision TIG welded bolt handles to date,I will not deviate,change my procedures or have the time or patience to deal with those that can not follow simple instructions.

Comply or seek others to practice on your equipment.

Keep'em in the X ring,
Dan

www.accu-tig.com