I live in the middle of Wyoming and prairie dogs are all around, but I don't go prairie dog shooting like those guys in the posts with the pics. I do like to practice, and prairie dogs give me that opportunity all through the spring and summer most years (As I write this however, it's SNOWING again ---------- and so no P doggie shooting for a while here)

When I shoot them I use my rifles and a small day pack, just like when I am hunting anything from coyotes to moose.
I use a 222 or a 223 at times, but about half the time I use big game rifles and loads. That's what I mean by "practice". I don't use anything for prairie dog shooting that I would not have with me deer, antelope or elk hunting.

So as you may guess, I don't kill as many as the dedicated prairie dog shooters. The farmers love those guys, and some of the ranchers do too. They put a hurt on them. I kill a few every week, but I don't go out to shoot them for the sake of shooting them. Thank god some other men do, or we'd have far too many around.

In the last 10 years or so I bet I have killed as many and maybe more with 25-06s through 375H&Hs and I have with my 222 and 223. When I do go out to shoot them, I am usually only out for 1-2 hours and them I go back to work.

You guys that shoot them by the hundreds--------------Keep it up.