Originally Posted by Ky221
I’m in the market for a new revolver but having a hard time figuring out what I need/want. Let me hit you with some criteria and y’all can steer me in the direction I should be looking.

Preferably a SA. I’d like to use the revolver to take a deer/ hog with, but I’d also like to carry it while out woodsbumming. So I don’t want a real long barrel as it’s not a “hunting gun” but I do want a little bit of length to help with sight radius. Rig would most likely ride in some sort of chest or shoulder holster....

I was looking at Blackhawks and bisley blackhawks, and I really prefer the look of the bisley......but am not sold on any one thing. I do handload but have zero interest in loading for this gun.

What say y’all?
Lots of revolvers out there will fill the bill especially if you are willing to look at used guns. I've owned lots of Blackhawks and several Bisley Blackhawks. Still own a Bisley Blackhawk and at least one Blackhawk that I can think of offhand. As Viking says, a Ruger 45 Colt in either frame type will do. If you want to keep the cost manageable, an Uberti or Cimarron imported Uberti SAA knockoff will be lighter and trimmer than the Rugers and still do the job. If cost doesn't factor as much and you want classic, a real Colt SAA in 45 Colt, 44-40 or 38-40 will also do the job.