I guess a single action is fine if you just like that, but I just don't quite understand the preference for such over a double action. I have owned two single actions in the past, my first handgun as a teenager being a copy of a Colt in .22, and later a Ruger Super Blackhawk in .44 Mag. The quality of the Blackhawk was excellent in my opinion - no argument there from me. It's just the mechanical differences between a single action and a double action. If it is just a better trigger pull that you desire, then you still can thumb cock a double action and you can obviously reload a swing out cylinder much faster and cleaning and inspections are easier. I, personally, like the feel better of a S&W K, L, or N frame better in my hand and they have better "pointability" to me over a Blackhawk or SAA style. To each his own preference I guess, but I just don't quite get it. Either way, enjoy what you choose to shoot. I've got my eye on a new S&W M-69 .44 Mag. to complement my J frame and K frame Smiths. Maybe it's a nostalgia thing for the single actions? Nothing wrong with that.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."