Dang, those cartridges look wonderful to me in that picture and thanks for sharing. For along time I have felt a .35 caliber Marlin 336 or Winchester 94 giving true .358 Winchester ballistics with a 220 grain bullet would be a very useful big game round capable of taking any critter out to 200 yards and big bears out to 100-150 yards. That would cover 90% of the shots in Alaska. I have a very good octagon barreled Marlin 45-70 and it is a comfort on hikes here in Alaska and I know it is capable of killing any thing. But, I wanted a .35, heck I want a 45-70 necked to .411 too.

I am ordering a bunch of 220 grain Speer Flat Nosed bullets and I also have Alaska Bullet works making me up some of their heavy jacketed super bonded 250 grain bullets. When I talked to the guy the other day I mentioned I was concerned about his bullets expanding at .356 impact velocities. He told me his bullets jackets are .025 thick at the nose and taper down to .050 thickness at the heal and should work ok out to 200 yards or so. When they arrive I will hack saw one down from top to bottom and check them out and do the same thing with the 220 grain Speers.

If Nosler made a 225 grain flat nose Partition I would use them and forget about other bullets, other then cast for lighter loads.

Hey, William iorg,
Can a moderator move this thread to another forum if that would be a better place for it?