Thanks for the info Mule Deer. I ran 250 grain Partitions at around 2,700 fps mv out of a .338 Winny for about 12 years. For sure they were excellent killers on moose, caribou and bears. I think I recovered four bullets as most of my shots were under 100 yards and passed through the lungs. Of the four recovered bullets, none of them weighed over 180 grains. Most of the moose were under 1,500 lbs. Them little ones are harder to hit and as you know, they all look the same on the dinner plate.

Bullets can be hard to figure some times, just as my 94 year old Uncle Ed told me. Him and two other guys from the 82nd Airborne were in a fox hole during the Battle of the Bulge. All the of them caught around in the head from a German machine gun and the two other guys died quickly. The bullet that hit Ed in the helmet veered of and rattled around in his helmet and swelled his head all up. He said he had the worst head ache for days and it took a week or so for the swelling to go down. Eventually he lost the eye on that side of his head, but he never left the front lines and he said some guys were worse off then him and kept fighting.