Originally Posted by 44mc
steve I have 5 or 6 friends that shoot at a range every week they have a bucket for people to put there brass in to be scraped for gas money to keep grass cut .they bring me a lot of brass for what I reload for. one time I got 200 rem 30/30 brass in the boxes I don't know if I can ship brass to you but I get more than I need some times pm me

That's a good idea. Recycling the brass helps keep the range running. I wish we could ship brass and bullets back and forth across the border like we used to. I appreciate the offer though.

Gerry,

I don't know about Tradeex specifically, but some shops have agreements with ranges to buy their brass. I had an arrangement with one club of which I was a member to buy spent 22 LR cases. I use them to make bullets. I like this stuff because it is very clean and most of it is undamaged. I have 7 or 8 metal cans of range brass in my workshop. There are approx. 45,000 to 50,000 usable cases in each can. I paid $20 per can. The money went to the junior shooting program.

[Linked Image]

Using IVI cases reworked into 6mm bullets, and shooting homemade bullets, I regularly shoot groups like this. 10 shots of homemade under an inch.

[Linked Image]

These are 66 gr. bullets made from rimfire cases. 10 shots in an inch. I haven't found the powder for this load yet. I haven't been working on them frankly. Other things come first.

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]