Originally Posted by 79S
I can deprime several hundred cases and swage primer pockets with no problem, maybe an hour. I use my Dillon 650, I bought the attachment to swage primer pockets. All I use is lc, but I do find ivi and the other stuff made in Canada like cil. Will have to start looking for it as well and give it a shot.

About 30 yrs ago, I bought an RCBS primer swager combo. I haven't used it in five or six years. When I get these 1000 pces of IVI brass, I'll have to deprime them and swage the primer pockets. It's slower than the Dillon machine, but thankfully, I'm not feeding an AR. smile

Originally Posted by gerry35
Steve that is excellent accuracy to get groups at or under 1" for 10 shots. Even better that you made the bullets yourself.

The last time the USD exchange rate was high was in the early 2000s. The exchange was about 1.50. That's when I decided to stop the madness and make my own bullets. Sierra and J4 jackets weren't regulated at the time. I bought them and got the kits to make 224 and 6mm jackets from 22 LR cases. Even though I paid through the nose for the dollar exchange and shipping the presses, dies and accessories, the expense was worth it.

With modern devices like sonic cleaners and case trimmers, you can make bullets made from 22LR cases shoot very well. The trick is to get the jackets clean. Get rid of the primer crud that sticks to the inside of the RF jackets. Sonic cleaners are just the ticket. Not BR quality jackets, but they shoot as good as commercial varmint bullets.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]