I don't have any depth on the subject, but during the eight Bush2 years, I gave a technical engineering seminar talks to the cadets at the end of each spring. I went with another guy, and we both felt like every year things got less professional. The cadets were smart but did not have super advanced engineering skills. I will say that they had to train and learn to be an officer, so they had a rigorous schedule, so that was a trade off for engineering hours. Their strongest foundation seemed to be civil, and mechanical engineering. The impression of the decline was seen in our host officers. Generally these officers had very good technical background, but they seemed to be burnt out, and super wrapped around job politics. Again, this is 911 days, so that stirred things up.
They do have an excellent military/gun museum. They have tons of firearms that are very rare. In the beginning we had excellent tours, often to behind the scene places so that was neat. All our time and travel expenses were donated, and at the end when they would not buy us a cafeteria lunch or tour us, we decided to not volunteer. Ancient history from 10 years ago.