OK, I was wondering how long it would take..........

here we go!

FWIW, I like corn fed deer and hoglets! Taste just fine.

I also like to snare em' and trap em'

It all puts meat on the pit!

just fer giggles n' grins.......

I tend to try to find the humor in most situations, and laughing at myself comes easy.

One of the few hunts I've done outside Texas was a hunt out of Jardine Montana. I had an outfitter combo elk/mule deer tag. Two years before this hunt I had sent my Remington Sendero to Hill Country Rifle to have them do their Accuracy package and install a Vais brake. I develped a load and felt comfortable that with a good rest I could do 550 yds. Having never actually seen many mule deer, much less elk in the wild, and mainly seeing guys killing monsters on TV I passed on several mule deer I prolly should have shot. The last day of the season, my guide and I were on horseback riding across Deckard Flat when about 150 yds there were two mule deer doe and I guess what you western guys would call a 2 x 2 mule deer buck. The guide asks if I would shoot him as his grandma had no venison. I said what the hey. So we ride up to about 110 yds. away, I climb off the horse, get the rifle and my shooting stix, sit down own a big rock, employ the stix, take off the bikini scope covers, wait for the does to move so I can plug this buck. Prolly only took 5 minutes but it sure seemed longer. So I had a tag to burn and I shot him. Bang flop. I could not help but thinking, no corn fed white tail buck (most of which never come to feeders for that matter) of any age would be that stupid. One of the few times I've ever felt like I sinned with a rifle.

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 05/26/19.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.