Originally Posted by WasTexasShooter
I also have a Marlin 62 in 256 WinMag and a Winchester 88 in 308 but, My choice for a truck gun is the Marlin 336 in 30-30.

The 30-30 is a capable round and the 336 is a reliable action. The Marlin 62 and Winchester 88 are hard to find. If my Marlin 336 is stolen, it's no biggie. I have plenty more and they're relatively cheap.

I also have ARs but, if I get stopped by a cop, I think he/she will be a lot calmer with a lever action hunting rifle in back as opposed to an AR. I like for the LEOs to be comfortable. :-)

I carry mine in a saddle scabbard behind the back seat of my F250.

[Linked Image]

T.S.

the ultimate truck gun. Also if you had to handle a situation I think you look less like the bad guy with a gun like that. a while back I did some simulator training in a 270 degree video screens, with pistols and different situations. its the same training police use. We responded to active shooter situations etc. I found that clothing and gun type played a huge role in what my snap view of the threat was. lighter clothing such as whites etc made me examine the threat. a fully loaded up 336 isn't under armed by any stretch. its the original assault rifle.