For me it depends on where I am at, time of year and what it's potential use is. Urban setting, give me a 16" AR to compliment my always in the truck handgun. A road trip here in Alaska when it is not hunting season, the Marlin 45-70 holds 7 rounds and that should handle most situations, along with the Glock 19 that is always in my truck. Hunting season, the Husky 1640 Light in 30-06, in case some moose decides to show it self when I am driving where ever, a long with the Glock 19.

When it comes to just wanting a long gun in my truck for what ever. A Mod. 94 Win. in .44 mag. is a go to truck gun. Light in weight, short in length with a 20" barrel and it holds 10 rounds. The always there Glock 19 holds 15 rounds, as do each the 4 spare mags.

If I lived in the states, it would be a custom light weight 21" barreled Tikka that holds the 10 round CTR mags. and fires the 6.5 Creedmoor round. Scope would be a 1-6x24 of some flavor, maybe SWFA.

I wish my wife would buy me the little 9mm Banshee pistol carbine with a 9" barrel and a red dot, don't for get the Binary trigger!