So cheap is a relative term, but I just ran into what I thought were some good deals on them components to make it happen.

I started this process when I found a Brno 21 on an auction site for $700 complete with vintage Leupold scope.

[Linked Image]

Bolt handle had already been bubba’d , pad added and stock had been refinished, so I don’t feel bad about using this as my base. I was able to sell the vintage scope for $300 so that puts me at $400 in the rifle. About a month after I purchased the gun I found three Dakota safeties at another auction and was able to buy then sell them, making enough profit that I only had to add another $100 to have a new safety and bolt handle installed.
[Linked Image]

I purchased a semi inlet stock to use as a template for my final stock which will be this one I found on ebay that came from a clearance of a deceased gunsmith estate. Cut in 1965, $320!!!
[Linked Image]

Should have my stock back from duplication this week, can wait to get it. I will end up selling the original stock and bottom metal to help defray some more of the cost.