Originally Posted by RickBin
The quote feature is part of the software, and I don’t even know if it can be turned off. If it could, would we really want to?

Unfortunately, no software is perfect.

We might have to approach it in a different manner. Clearly, the original post is always there for reference. There are lots of things the Fire’s membership is excellent at calling out. Maybe this could be one of them.

Taking the entire functionality away because a small few may abuse seems a bit strong, no?

The quote feature is invaluable, and I see no problem with using it and adding comments behind the original sentence or paragraph.... we’ve done that for years.

But.... if someone is scrolling through a thread for responses and sees one attributed to me that bears no resemblance to anything I’ve posted..... that’s not plagiarism, it’s slander. I recently saw it done to TRH, and - while I’m no fan of his - I respect his right to be accountable ONLY for words he typed.

I see it as a problem best addressed by a thread on the Campfire forum by the Webmaster, saying the practice will not be tolerated. No threats of punishment would be necessary, I believe. Just let the juvenile practicers know that it is a “ bridge too far “.

Last edited by curdog4570; 05/29/19. Reason: Misspelled

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place