Originally Posted by curdog4570
But, allowing the practice of the words of a post being changed by anyone other than the Originator of the post, with no indication that a change was made, defeats the very premise on which the website was founded.
I’ll not be posting as long as this practice is allowed.

Therefore, there is an original post (for reference) - The original post can not be altered by anyone other than the author !

Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by RickBin
The quote feature is part of the software, and I don’t even know if it can be turned off. If it could, would we really want to?

Unfortunately, no software is perfect.

We might have to approach it in a different manner. Clearly, the original post is always there for reference. There are lots of things the Fire’s membership is excellent at calling out. Maybe this could be one of them.

Taking the entire functionality away because a small few may abuse seems a bit strong, no?

Apparently you don’t understand what is happening..... there is no “ original post” to refer to. Just a post attributed to a person who had no hand in typing it.

If you do understand and don’t see it as a problem meriting your attention, that’s your business.

Choosing not to post on the ‘fire is my way of dealing with it.

I wish you well.

Sorry, but you have contradicted yourself again.

Perhaps, look objectively, not emotionally !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"