Originally Posted by ruraldoc

Brad, did you shoot any critters with that rifle? Did you try any factory loads?

You do have another 270?

I have a Nula in 30-06 and a couple of KImber Hunters,a 6.5 Creedmoor,and a 280 Ackley,but I was thinking about a Fieldcraft in 270.

No critters shot, never tried any factory loads. I literally loaded 25 rounds of the load in the photo, took it out to my range, sighted-in at 25 yards, 100, 325 and 225 yards (B&C Reticle), then shot one group at 100 yards (the one shown). 12 total rounds shot, then I took it hunting. I passed on two different 5pt bulls and finished out my season with no more shots than the original twelve at sight in.

IME Accubonds typically don't shoot very well, so a sub 3/4" group is noteworthy. I have no doubt this sucker will shoot, but my cheap Norwegian nature just can't justify having 4 lightweight rifles.

I'm torn selling this one... I've come to really admire the Fieldcraft with a no.2 contour. The buggy whip barrels on the regular Fieldcrafts hold no interest for me.

No I don't have another 270, but have a SS M70 action on hand I'm going to build one on.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery