So, here in the Rebublik of Kalifornia, Governor Moonbeam signed legislation for lead ammunition restrictions that are fully implemented this season - 2019. Basically, that means no more lead for hunting birds in Kali this year. That sucks, because I love to hunt California quail. No more 7.5 or 8 shot lead allowed for the little bstards.

This has lead to a couple of things:

1] I have shotguns now that I can only use with bismuth. Bottom line: if I want to hunt with them in Kali anymore, I need to get up on handloading bismuth.

2] I have been forced to see the light on tungsten shot, and I don't know what is more eye-popping, the price for TSS and its variants, or the apparently much increased lethality. I guess I'll find out this year.

3] I may be getting into a new shotgun or two here pretty soon. It looks like with TSS, the sub gauges have a lot to offer.

It's going to be a "different" hunting season around here ...

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine