Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

The .264" 160g WWC has an S.D. of .328 and a claimed B.C. of .509. While these are good numbers, B.C. and S.D. alone aren't the only things that determine penetration. Bullet construction comes into play, as does velocity at impact. Another factor to consider is that "more than an handful is wasted". Once a bullet exits there is no such thing as "more penetration".

A relatively standard 1-9 twist rate will provide marginal stability for the 160g WWC at 2850fps.

I'm willing to bet that a 120g TTSX or 130g LRX or SCII or 140g Partition or North Fork will penetrate as deeply out past normal shooting ranges. I put a .284" 140g North Fork (lower SD. and B.C.) through an elk at 400 yards with massive blood loss out the off side. Probably true for a variety of other bullets as well.

The fact remains that it has exceptional penetration given the high SD and near-100% weight retention, and elk are large animals. Combined with the good BC, this makes it ideal. The bullet's designed impact velocity is 2900 to 2000 ft/s, which fits the .264WM to a T.

The bullet is fully stable in all plausible weather at sealevel out of a 1:9. Being a flat base, it is more stable than calculators using the Greenhill or Miller formulas would suggest. They were calibrated for boat tails.

I will happily take a bet on penetration depth for the 160 Weldcore vs. a 140gr Partition with any reasonable protocol for up to $200,000. Let me know if you're serious and not just an internet blowhard who says they're willing to bet until it's time to bet.