Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by renegade50
We basically put the germans in their place twice.

LOL ..... That's some funny stuff right there.

WWI - 1914 to 1918. The Americans were a great asset to the effort in WWI but didn't even enter the war till 1917.
WWII - You might want to recheck your figures and consider how many Germans were killed by the Russians. That's were they lost the war.

Ya I agree......
The germans had like 7 or 8 out 10 of their KIA numbers at the hands of the Russians during ww2
But.....
It is also pretty funny to me how my statement can be a chance for a "factual gotcha" type of partial quote in someones opinon of it just waiting for a chance to "prove big ole meanie ren50" wrong to feel good.
You had your opinon.

Here is my opinon...

The american forces had nothing to do with countering the Germans last shot summer and fall offensives in 1918 after they was able to transfer millions of troops to the western front after Russia dropped out of the war.
General Pershing refusing to allow the AEF to become absorbed in to British and French forces (except for 4 divisions) and insisting on his forces having their own sector of the front had nothing to do with blunting Germany's offensive or surrender at all.

Nothing whatsoever...

Lend lease in ww2 also had nothing to do with supplying the Russians with materials of war ( fuel, munitions and armaments) early on when their factories were sent east of the urals to get set up to run again.

Nothing whatsoever.....

We (as in the USA)kicked the germans collective azz,s twice....
That's my opinon......

They didn't call it "the Allies" for nothing. It was a collective victory over Germany.

That's the opinion of many. You're entitled to your own. Have a great day. smile