To answer a couple things so far

1.bold handle- I think I'll leave it be for now. If I reweld one, it will be the swept back FN style. It just seems fitting on an FN rifle, and honestly I like it better than the oberndorf. I think Husqvarna 640s with the swept back full round knob (not flattened on the bottom) are the perfect bolt handle.

2. Finish- leaning towards satin ceracoat still. Open to ideas though

3. Barrel- looking hard at a rebore. I don't mind the steps, and then the barrel will remain serialized to the receiver

4. Sights- really liking the Redfield 70 like on my .270. I prefer it to the Lyman 57. No experience with the Lyman 48, but they seem a lot more expensive and not much better for my purposes.

I could use advice on a few more things. Does anyone have a suggestion to restore the factory markings? They're worn pretty shallow now.

I'm thinking of having the front receiver ring flatteded/grooved and textured. I'll try to post a pic of what I mean, but just to matte the sighting plane. Any ideas or suggestions how to do that?

I'm wrestling with the trigger. I like the idea of a super solid original Mauser trigger. BUT.... my Timney breaks so nicely. It's the devil on my shoulder.