'Twas ever thus. Companies have always come and gone with the winds of change: economic, technological; political or social even. Sometimes it's because the family ownership dies out, or the newer generations don't want to take up the reins because they have other pursuits (like yachts, cocaine, and mistresses). It is unfortunate if in the process useful products disappear and/or customers are left in the lurch for service and support.

I've only owned a few Weavers; a couple of low power steel-tube K-models and a new K6 on my old .22. There were a couple newer discontinued models I kinda had an eye out for, but I guess I missed the boat. There's still a small market for simple, durable optics without all the gimmickry, "features" if you prefer, but maybe not enough to warrant much new development. The new compact SWFA variable gives me some hope that maybe the 6x with hunting reticle and capped dials so many have said they want might show up someday.

One other Weaver I still have is a Quik Point fiber-optic red dot. My late brother bought that way back when for a slug gun he put together. It's a bit odd-looking, and the stacked tubes probably put a lot of buyers off in that era, but compared to all the crap we hang on our guns now, it ain't all that bad. Might have to dig it out and mount it on something for sh*ts and grins.

What fresh Hell is this?