I have noticed a few data points in my rummaging and wondering if any dots can be connected.
Not trying to poke holes in any existing print/knowledge, but rather build upon it if possible.

Here are the data points;

1) Arthur Savage resided in Bay Ridge/Brooklyn ~1890 +/- couple years.
[Linked Image]

2) Arthur Savage rec'd a patent in Oct. 1891 for Magazine or Single Loading Rifle, his address Bay Ridge/Brooklyn

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

3) A July 1892 newspaper article mentions a Savage rifle/.32 cal. submitted to government testing/Springfield June 25 and manufactured by E.W. Bliss Company/Brooklyn.

(E.W. Bliss was a design/manufacturing contractor)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Both Murray & Royal books make mention of the 1892 & 1893 prototypes with pics in David's book p.10,11 & 12. The rifle specs and patents are mentioned.

I am wondering if this "E.W. Bliss" manufactured rifle is possibly the 1892 prototype or some other prototype. ??
The confusion for me is that the 1891 patent does not look like the 1892 prototype pic/potbelly rec'r.. Also the news article says .32 vs. David's book which indicates .30
The 1893 patent does look like the 1893 prototype rifle to my eye and is mentioned as .32
Further, the "Colt drawings" from the Savage factory are dated Aug. 1893

Granted, this topic is probably only for a limited audience here on the forum.
Q: Who made what when??
Looking for input, thoughts and other questions regarding this "E.W. Bliss" rifle.
Thanks.

"Every day above ground is a good day."