BigPine: I sure enjoy my Danner Elk Hunters.
I care for them carefully and religiously anymore because I thought for a time they were discontinued?
Anyway I have my main pair and two other pairs of Danner Elk Hunters in reserve!
I bought these at different times 15 to 20 years ago and they were factory returns (all three pairs).
I have since lost my source for factory returns so these (I am sure!) will last me the rest of my life and one of the VarmintSons lives.
I have NO experience or expertise with Salomon or Crispi boots because all I have ever used are Danners of various models for the last 50 years or so!
I have a couple of pairs of Danner lighter weight boots for Antelope and archery Elk seasons but come Elk Rifle season the Danner Elk Hunters are my go to boots.
Many years ago I ruined a pair of Danner boots by having to cross a nut sack deep river 12 times in two days packing out a Bull Moose - we had not way to dry our boots or oil them and that did them in in short order.
I have heard that Danner Boots, because of their "construction/design" can NOT be re-soled?
I don't know?
I recommend the Danner Elk Hunters for warmth, ankle support, water resistance (under typical conditions) and comfort.
And they are (were!) American made.
Other boots may be better - you just could not prove it by me.
Best of luck with whichever you choose.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy