For bow season I would look more towards a heavy back packing or light mountaineering boot. Lighter, better support, and foot/ankle protection. I have two pair of US Danners the Pronghorn and I think the Pioneer which looks like an insulated version of the elk hunter. Both have been good but the pronghorns are starting to leak and the pioneers the soles came off completely, looks like ozone rot. I did get more than ten years of service out of each and the pioneers can be resoled by Danner. Same complaint as DogsL on sloppiness of the Danner pioneer this was aggravated by the insulation too.

I like the hikers and lt. mountaineering boots from Galibia, Lowa, Vasque, Alico, and Garmont. I think the technology is ahead of the typical hunting boot. Better support and foot protection and lighter weight. Check outlets like Sierra trading post for some good deals. Look at the Alico Summit for a good old school type of boot. My Garmont boots have held up really well as did the Lowas and the Vasque. The Vasque went through three pairs of vibram soles before retirement. That was also a couple of thousand miles.

Stitch down boots can be made fairly waterproof with pure melted bees wax and the rest of the boot treated with the Obenaufs wax. Early season I prefer non goretex boots unless crossing a lot of streams or swamps. You can also wear goretex socks for water crossings.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli