Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by albertadave
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Good job.

Well, ya learn something new everyday. I feel stupid because I had to look up where the hell Nunavut was. It doesn't look like the kind of place where you'd see a hot chick laying on the beach in a bikini. Matter of fact, it doesn't look like the kind of place you'd find any people what so ever really. Did they fly you in?

Flew to Cambridge Bay, then 120 miles on snow mobile into camp. Definitely didn't see any bikinis up there!

Wow,

I would think that just the 120 mile run to camp on snowmobile would be a lifetime memory. Good stuff.

Thanks for posting!

ya!

GWB

Well, if Alaska's Inuit are any marker - that's just a two hour run average. Less with good trail, more with so-so trail and cargo sleds. Give it 4 hours...

It isn't much for Alaska's natives to run 90 or 120 miles to attend a basketball game, then run home again. In the dark. Me - I'm too chicken.... smile

A matter of perception....

Are Canada's marine mammal regs different than ours?

In no way do I mean to disparge - that's a heckuva nice hunt - I have never had the opportunity/resources to hunt musk ox. Color me jealous.

Best I could do was some pics from the Noatak River, out of Kotzebue., a couple Falls ago. didn't find any caribou or moose tho.

[Linked Image]

The seal licence was a $5 permit, separate from the rest of my hunting licenses. There was no tag or bag limit, just a license, but one was all I wanted. I'm not sure how Canada's marine mamal regs would compare to the US.