Hawk Driver: Had friends in from out of state and one had a RAR 17 HMR with the gray laminated stock. His Rifle shot extremely well afield and as is the "habit" of many of my "friends" he was not sure of the
sight-in" as he had gotten a "steal of a deal" on Browning 17 grain ammunition and wanted to test it.
Wasted nearly two hours of good Varminting time at my local range but again his Rifle shot quite well there.
Finally got afield and 4 to 16 power scope and some mid-day calm shooting conditions had him impressing all three of us with his hits on long shots!
My friend is left handed and ran that Rifle pretty well with his "over-reach" bolt manipulation.
My friend got this Rifle last year and did not care for the "Schnable" like groove that Ruger puts on these so he ground it off and refinished it - looks good.
When he saw my 15 round Ruger magazines he had to "have some" - our local pawn/sport shop was out so I sold him one of mine at cost ($22.45 for one - no sales tax).
He LOVED the extra six rounds in between reloadings as we got into some fast and furious shooting.
In stead of a Harris Bi-Pod attaching to his front sling swivel he had added a short "Picatinny" type rail to his forend and a low Caldwell bi-pod to that. That worked well for him on the occasions when we would set up his swiveling bench.
Much of the time he shot out the window of the passenger side of the VarmintMobile over my large window bags.
He appreciated the short stiff barrel when this was done.
Hope your RAR makes you as happy as myself and my friends are with theirs.
Let us know how it shoots.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy