Thanks for the kind replies guys. I can't imagine that there's many of us on here that haven't been touched by the Grim Reaper (cancer) in one way or another. I lost my mother and mother in law both to this terrible disease, and I hope I don't add any more to that list, including my self.

Having been through this, it makes one appreciate a beautiful sunrise much more. My wife has been a rock by my side in this journey. I don't honestly know if I could be so strong if the tables were reversed.The radiation treatments are tough. They really take a lot of the wind out of your sails while going through them. I'm lucky in that my work isn't physical, (I manage a Vision Center for Walmart) and that I have a great crew and support system at work. I missed a lot of work while going through this, and my guys kept the shop up and running while I was gone. Other Vision Center Managers in our district stepped up and kept things going too. I'm lucky to have such a good crew and friends. I'm also lucky to have the support of the fine folks here at the Fire. So many of you stepped forward to stay in touch when I was sick from the radiation. It's good to have such fine folks in my life, and I really appreciate it.

If anyone finds themselves going through this, please feel free to look me up. I'd be happy to help in any way possible. In this day and age, at worst case scenario, I'm just a plane ticket away, and would gladly lend a hand to any of our members however I could.

Thanks again guys. Your thoughts are really appreciated.

Last edited by gophergunner; 06/16/19.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla