RJ308 beat me to it. I would add if you have a solid bar of the proper size to use that while mounting and bedding the bases. Saves scratching the scope and is more solid.

Two things about the first photo is that the level is indicating the split or top of the ring alignment. This may or may not indicate the ring contact surfaces are out of alignment, they could even be off in the opposite direction. The other is that bubble levels can be very inaccurate and the smaller they are the more this can be true. Not sure about the phone app. it would be interesting to test.

Lapping won't hurt if not overdone. I also put form a gasket on the rings and the rubbery goop acts like the Burris rings on a micro level to allow for any inconsistencies. Ross Siegfried recommend this and I have not had "ring rash" or a scope come loose since I started using the goop. Either mask the scope with tape or use acetone to remove the excess as soon as it stops oozing otherwise a PITA to get off once it dries.

Is there a recommended torque rate for especially aluminum mounts?

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli