Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Bighorn
Kind of interesting to see the large number of Leupolds guys are using on their elk rifles- if you go over to the Hunting Optics forum, the general opinion is that they are worthless junk- even the forum sponsor started up a complain campaign to petition Leupold to improve their product!!
Many of us, who have used Leupold riflescopes for many years, with great success, may have a different opinion, based upon actual field experience.........

Actual field experience, and more than a little, is what pushed me almost entirely away from Leupold.

My hunting rifles (the same ones that get used for elk, sheep, WT, MD, moose, bear, etc) wear SS 3-9x, SS 6x, SS 10x, and LRHS 3-12x scopes.

I still have a couple of Leups around, one is a M7 4x on a Win 88 .308, but they don’t ride on my serious hunting rifles anymore.

I got rid of all my Leupold variables, save one VXII 1-4, due to wandering zeros. Normal use, not hard use by any stretch, constantly found me finding them off zero.

I switched to SWFA SSs and haven't looked back. I do still have a few leupolds, though they're fixed 6Xs and only one has lost a zero on me. I used to hunt off horses a lot and ridding in a scabbard, banging up against trees was what seemed to really cause a scope to loose zero, for me at least. The Leupy 6X42s and the SWFA SSs hold zero much better and I have really been impressed by them over the years.