Originally Posted by Valsdad
Whatever name the guy goes by, he upset me tremendously when I first started perusing this distinguished, august body of sportsmen and sportswomen (most of whom have been chased off by the likes of him). I cannot for the life of me remember what subject I was reading, inquiring about, or commenting on, but I composed an entirely well written, in correct English, response and was informed by the subject of this call out thread that I basically used too many words.

As an erudite, well educated, verbose, and perhaps somewhat minimally loquacious individual, I felt horribly denigrated and was upset at the effrontery expressed by whichever of the triumvirate of the 24hourcampfire was making the time to respond to a lowly newbie here.

His reply was typically terse, a few words informing me to knock off the wordy replies and "GFY," whatever the heck that meant. Wise men of my caliber are not familiar with internet slang, at least I wasn't at the time. I had to use the www. to determine the meaning of his acronym and was slightly astonished that such language was acceptable on a well respected hunting, fishing, camping, cooking, and shooting public forum.

When an idea is important, I find it highly useful to use an overabundance of words in order to convey the true, complete meaning of my thoughts on the matter. To have an unknown internet personage disparage my skilled use of the language of the land was extremely disturbing and almost drove me away from continuing to explore the "Hunter's Campfire", Handguns, Single Shots, Alaska, Canada and perhaps most importantly some of the threads in the "basement".

I am glad I didn't abandon the cause, as I have become more informed on such highly critical topics such as the 6.5 Creedmore/Creedmor/CM or whatever it's appellation, the Superchicken Scope, blue tape, Gus, and perhaps my favorite informative thread of all time.........................Cermalube (decreases pressure while increasing velocity of a projectile!). Oh, I must not forget kaywoodie's beer garden gals. And Digital's attempt to negate the need for unreloadable .22 caliber rimfire ammuntion (How's that coming along by the way?)

Now, given the years of experience with reading his posts and at times verbally interacting with Travis/Clark/Dave in various fora, I have come to the conclusion that this call out thread might be exactly what is needed for him to get the idea that he needs to correct his incorrigible ways.............or to ramp it up and become even more of a thorn in the side of the average user of the exceptional internet get together Mr. Rick has provided for us.

With all due respect, all y'all can GFY

Geno

PS, this and the FB2 thread from earlier today had the welcome effect of drawing cubic out of hiding at least. Good to "see ya" around.

Did you just say "hurt my feelings, got over it?"

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.