I think I remember this correctly. The Dublin Dr. Pepper plant was the oldest bottler in the country. They were a franchise of Dr. Pepper and have always bottled DP using pure cane sugar. They had an assigned geographic area of distribution. The original formula was very popular and they were selling outside of their area. Dr. Pepper sued and Dublin lost its DP franchise and they started bottling some terrible things like grape and orange sodas. I had friends and relatives who lived nearby and would ship me a cases of Dublin DP, I think it tastes better. There are pure cane sugar DP's out there but I've found them hard to find. I don't know if the Dublin plant is still in operation. Without Castro none of this would be an issue. Since Castro, we've built a alternative sugar industry. I often wonder if pure cane is cheaper to produce than beets and corn and if some magic happened and Cuba came into favor how would all that play out in a competition between alternative sugars and cane sugars. I still like my sodas with cane sugar.

The older I get the better I was.