Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by pdXammo
I had two fairly unique ladders stolen out of my truck on the 3rd. I'd have caught them in the act but, my dog had barked at a bunch of random stuff the night before so I had her on ignore. I saw them both on OfferUp the next morning and arranged a meeting with the "seller". His items for sale looked like a laundry list of things that would disappear from a jobsite. I went well prepared with my favorite carry arm a FNS .40 compact and arrived early. I pulled up behind him when he got there and let him start hauling the ladders to my truck. After they were safely at my vehicle I said "We are going to have a little talk about how you came into possession of these ladders". It's pretty satisfying to watch someone crapping their pants so hard they smoke right through their cigarette and into the filter without missing a beat. Told him if I so much as see him or anyone else near my home I'll shoot them on sight, no hesitation. He said that seemed fair. Contacting local LE's today with his description, OfferUp account, license plate and anything else of use for them. I use Ring cameras at my shop and they are super useful, I've actually yelled at people through my phone and scared them away, I'll be installing them at home now too.

The guys were right about if the cops were involved.

But they WILL be involved. Better save that information on the dirtball and watch for his reprisals. If anything goes wrong, I suggest you bring your "corrected" story to a judge and seek a restraining order. If you are lucky and get one granted, the dirtball will be going to jail if he violates it.But it won't end there. Good luck.

Yep. That was my thinking too. And of the situation had gone sideways and he’d of had to use deadly force on the thief’s, he’d of probably been arrested & screwed for going after them.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~