Originally Posted by gophergunner
Were you guys aware that one of our very well known members played in the minors? If you don't know who, I'll keep you hangin' here for a while.

My wife bought us tickets the St. Paul Saints for late July. The team is co-owned by the Veeck family and Bill Murray. Bill's been know to work one of the entrances at the first home game of the season checking tickets, shaking hands, and thanking fans for attending. The Veeck's are well known for their crazy promotions to get butts in the seats, from the piglet that carries the balls to the umpire, to the nuns giving massages in the stadium, it's non stop entertainment. The Saints play some pretty good ball too. They are part of the unaffiliated Northern League.

Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks is our minor league team around here. Been to the games several times. My work has drawings for free tickets. Not a bad seat in the house. I have not gone for quite awhile but after seeing this thread, I told the wife we need to go again. It is a lot of fun!

OH, and the reason I quoted Gopher is because the Redhawks and Saints are rivals in the Northern League. smile

Last edited by Rooster7; 07/07/19.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...