"It never made sense to me in that caliber and I soon had it bored out for the .358 win."

Good idea. The barrel of the Ruger RSI is way too skinny to do a rebore. I went to the NRA convention back in 1982 and talked to a Ruger rep about running a few RSI's in .358 Win. The reaction I got from him you'd have thought I'd just asked him to ask his mom in a dog and pony show. The four letter words flew quite freely. My late wife was with me and she's hanging on to my arm afraid I'll deck the fool. I didn't deck him but I did tell him to watch his mouth in front of my wife or else he'd be swallowing a lot of teeth. When I pulled loose from my wife he muttered an apology. I still can't figure out why the attitude on a simple question? I know that a very few did escape from Ruger so some were made. I've even seen and held one at a gun show with a $3,000 price tag.

I have three RSI's all in .308. I also have an M77 in .358 Win. Two RSI's have really nice slim stocks but on is a bit on the clubbier side. I've been thinking of using the .358 by cutting the barrel to 18.5" and opening up the barrel channel to take the somewhat fatter barrel. Using the Ruger rear sight won't be a problem but I still have to figure out how to use the front sight. Then what do I do to save the now stockless .308 RSI?

Should I do this or just forget about it?
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE