Where are you going to hunt, and how are you getting there? How much security do your arrows need on the move? Thick brush, talk grass, or deep timber conditions will drive your quiver needs.

I’ve given up on budget quivers, they all seem to rattle loose over a season, or not be robust enough to carry in a saddle scabbard, or be able to take the “steep slope slide” that occasionally happens. Even with double shaft grippers, I’ve lost an arrow on the move in brushed over trails.

If it’s fast and local, a G-5 product probably gets the nod - Headlock or Halo - older models that are discontinued aka usually found on EBay pretty cheap. Double shaft groupers and a decent hood, though the hood can be too short with some longer Rage expandable broad heads. The Halo had the magnetic head, but the bow mount and quiver mount would get sloppy pretty fast. I thought the Headlock was a bit better, but the clamp didn’t always grab the rubber core center securely- especially in the cold. Had the whole quiver fall off on the move.

I had the Trophy Taker with the lighted hood, but the mount wore loose (rattled) pretty fast in the early season. Seemed to be a lot of vibration from the quiver on the shot - the buzzzz and shake were more than I liked.

If I’m going out West - Tight Spot. I’ve found these work best for me - YMMV. While they only have one shaft gripper, I have yet to have an arrow come loose on the horse, the ground or on the dreaded slide. I think because the gripper is quite a distance down the shaft towards the fletch, and there is very little leverage to “pop” the arrow out on the move from brush catching the shaft.

Last edited by AH64guy; 07/09/19.