Originally Posted by pete53
if you bow hunt alot buy the best bow quiver you can afford and it will be closer to $100.00 .

Agreed

Originally Posted by pete53
a quiver that bolts to your bow in 2 places is more solid and quiet. tree stand hunters can take their quiver off or use any kind of quiver, but if your hunting out west your need a good solid permanent quiver thats bolted on because your moving around alot unless you in a blind all day.

Respectfully disagree - I grew up hunting out West, and still hunt there every year. The newer quivers with metal brackets and construction are by far solid enough to outlast most hunters.

Elk hunting - I may need to tuck down and wait for a buddy to call a bull in, or need to move the bow without dragging the arrows across the ground. I will frequently pull the quiver off and tuck it in my pack, or drop it with the pack to get into a final shooting position. If the hunt is over, and the bow is strapped to a pack, I don't want the arrows compressed under the straps, or an arrow coming out of the quiver behind my head.

YMMV