I've never gone on the offensive against poison ivy before. I just learned to avoid it.

But that's changed. I bought 4 gallons of 43% glyphosate,.. been mixing it 18 ounces to 2 gallons of water,..and every couple of days for the past week or so I take my 2 gallon sprayer and go in search of it.

I saw how much of that stuff was growing on my 5 acre patch last year and I just thought there was too much of it to tackle. But this year, I've decided to make it a routine to go on search and destroy missions to rid my place of it.

It's difficult to get to some of it because it grows in the shade of brush,..so I've got to climb up inside the grown up areas of my place to get to it.

I've made about 4 swoops of the place so far and today I noticed that it's getting hard to find any that isn't in the process of dying from my previous applications of weed killer.

I know I'll never be able to completely eradicate it. But I'm going to appreciably thin it out.

It helps that I'm able to spot it so well. I got wrecked a couple of times by poison ivy when I was a kid and I learned to spot it at an early age. One sprig of poison ivy can be growing in a patch of Virginia creeper and I can lock onto it.