Put another 598 miles on the '14 Silverado over the 4th. 18.9 MPG average on that trip.Roughly 200 of that was four lane driving at 70 MPH or a bit more. Cruising between 70 and 75, it regularly ticks off 22 MPG or a tad better.

Had two older Chevy trucks with the 350 V8. One was a 2WD shorty w/two barrel, The other one was a 4x4 shorty w/four barrel. Neither one ever got much better than 17 MPG highway..The 4x4 was an '80 with lock up torque converter and 2.73 gears. Neither ever got close to the fuel economy my 5.3Ls have and neither had the torque and go power that the 5.3Ls do. Although the 2WD one had some serious torque. TRW RV grind cam after a rebuild and 2.5" exhaust system. Duals, ending behind the cab. Miss the sound of that one.

Second guy that owned my old '80 4x4, thought it had 165K on it. Told him that'd be 265K, 'cause it had well over 165K on it when I'd sold it a few years before that. That ol' 350 was still going strong and using little oil.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.