Wasn't offended. Just making the point that the "real world" is generally represented by what actual users have shared here.

A BIL finally got another 4x4 last year, after two years of trying to get by with a 2WD Tacoma. He bought a new Colorado ext. cab with the V6 and is fairly happy with it, except for one thing: Fuel mileage. The V6 has enough spunk (he doesn't tow anything). But in "real world" terms, it really doesn't do any better on fuel, than my Silverado, which has decent towing capability, gets good mileage on trips and has a chitload of stomp, when I want it.

He has a bit longer drive to my hunting camp, than I do, but most of that difference is Interstate driving. When he got to camp last year, asked him what his MPG reading was. IIRC, he got about a half mile per gallon better than I did? But my truck easily has over a quarter ton of gear and tools in it, every day. Nothing but his hunting stuff in his truck. By my calculation, if I left the tools, jacks, chains and other stuff at home, we'd probably get about the same fuel mileage on that trip?

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.