Originally Posted by Prewar70
This is all sad and too funny at the same time, but more sad, it's a toss up I don't know. Trump had his opportunity to really serve his country, but got a doctor's note instead. Compare that to a true hero like John McCain, and DJT is a true failure. But he will keep pretending, to keep his base going, like the folks here. "Go back to where you come from, yah you're skin color is different so get out of here, go be waitress again,.......blah blah blah." Why not have a real discussion about the issues and facts and skip the name calling. I am not fan of Omar, I live here, but there are better ways. I think Trump does a disservice to his own party with this kind of crap. There is no place for bringing race into the picture because where do you draw the line? Why not disagree, debate, and be respectful? I'd rather see the facts then a stupid ass tweet.

I've heard this "doctors note" to stay out of the draft Bs from the media for awhile now. I doubt seriously if the reporting is accurate or even true, but nevertheless, what you are saying is not accurate at all. Lets forget that Trump went to Military School and we'll assume you didn't. Now we'll pretend that Trump was waived from being drafted. When they were trying to draft me I signed and attempted to acquire every deferment paper I could find. I remember that era very well and remember very vividly the amount of guys my age trying to keep from being drafted, and this was in farm country with farm boys. Later on I enlisted and proudly served for 4 years. You see, back in the 60's/early 70's many young people was quite aware of the Deep States (shadow gov./elite back then) love for spilled blood of our youth over a false police action.
The 40,000ft view of Trump is this. He served in Military School, shunned the draft like many did, then enlisted later on in life like I did and became the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces. His position now is about as dangerous as you can get. He isn't setting back bitching about how things are in the World like you are, he is putting his life on the line. It appears to me that the one(s) calling Trump a coward are only mirroring themselves.

Last edited by K22; 07/15/19.