Originally Posted by TheBigSky
I've had no experience, to answer the OP, with Orvis waders; but, based on what I've read, the are top tier, depending on model. Having said that I have used two brands, exclusively (if two can be exclusive) over the past couple of decades. I've used Dan Bailey and Simms and consider them equals. Because of fit and features, for the money, I prefer the Dan Bailey.

I have used Orvis and have worn them heavily for long periods of time. They border on major suckage in about every category. They would be on my "never again" list.
Dan Bailey's are not in the top tier, or even close and I do not agree they are close to Simms quality at equal price points. and they require a lot of patching to use.They are not Gore-Tex and the seams are a constant problem. Simms makes (almost) the only Gore-Tex wader.

That said, I am currently not fond of Simms as a company and their warranty policy changes. Their dry bag packs suck and they would not cover one less than six months old with a LOT of leaks. Funny thing is I only bought it because of their WS on a wader with a lot of miles on it.

If considering a Patagonia wader look at the welded seams and squeeze one hard. It is easy to break them...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.