Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
I've had no experience, to answer the OP, with Orvis waders; but, based on what I've read, the are top tier, depending on model. Having said that I have used two brands, exclusively (if two can be exclusive) over the past couple of decades. I've used Dan Bailey and Simms and consider them equals. Because of fit and features, for the money, I prefer the Dan Bailey.

Dan Bailey's are not in the top tier, or even close and I do not agree they are close to Simms quality at equal price points. and they require a lot of patching to use.They are not Gore-Tex and the seams are a constant problem. Simms makes (almost) the only Gore-Tex wader.

They are. Better said, in my opinion, they are. Even more specifically and probably better said, they were, as my current pair (Gore Tex) is ten years old. Maybe their newer waders are not top tier and maybe they don't do Gore Tex any more. There, I have qualified my opinion based on my experience. My ten year old pair, zipper front and Gore Tex are better than any pair of Simms I've ever owned. And yes, I like my Simms.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ