Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by ol_mike

[Linked Image]

Mike,

I was told "make an offer" on one of these the other week. 7hp Evinrude two-stroke if I remember right.

Seems like a good canal boat.

Read up on them they have a Patented hull , Harley Gheen invented them just up the road from you - Harley is a rocket scientist at NASA .
With a family you'd likely want an LT25 that a 16' boat rated for 25 hp , but many will tell you they can handle far bigger engines . Seen 50 hp motors on that model although a 7 hp will push the LT25 fine .
A guy tested his LT25 - 16' with a 2.5hp & 6hp yamahas - I have both those motors - his longer boat went faster bya couple of MPH than my 13' due too the added length . My boat 120lbs. his boat 220lbs.
There's also a Gheenoe forum , and many big get-togethers in your area of operations .
Some great deals on the for sale sub forum .
Some guys were [or did] plan on taking Noe's to the Bahamas - very seaworthy - but that souded a bit much to me.
I've had mine several miles out in the gulf .
Been going along in the bay standing up when a huge 50' yacht passes they all stare and expect me to hunker down , I don't even take the waves head on - just ride right over them with nary a thought .
As I said earlier - I can sit on the side rub-rail lift feet/legs out of water it won't turn over - I could probably rock it hard enough to get water inside a few times then sink it .
Bought new 2010 $1325 , trailer used $240 .. I'd never sell mine .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.