There are lots of nice rifles displayed on this forum. Every time geedubya posts photos I have to stop and admire his taste in firearms. There are lots of others as well.

That said, I don't want or need anyone else's rifles. I sold my one safe queen and don't want another. The rifle I'm building now on a Savage 111 action and factory birch stock probably won't be complete until next year and it likely won't set anyone else's heart afire with desire to own it. It will, however, meet my needs and, like many of my firearms, probably get handed down to daughters or grandkids. My daughters already have a history with some of them and, hopefully, will cherish others as I do the firearms I have that were handed down to me by Granddad.

It is kind of like sports cars - I like looking at them, enjoy driving them when I can rent one, but have no desire to own one.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.