Originally Posted by RiverRider
I'm always hesitant to recommend a Co-Ax to a beginner because getting advice and assistance from others on-line can be dicey because of the differences.

In the case of a guy who already knows his way around a loading bench, I say "go for it." There may be a few things that you can't do on a Co-Ax (such as use a grip-n-pull bullet puller or certain stuck case removers), but those things sure won't stop me. There are other ways to handle those situations. The conveniences of the Co-Ax are many. About the only thing I do not like about it is having to reverse the shell holder jaws for smaller cases.

One other thing to think about is the cost of Forster die lock rings. In my opinion, they're the way to go with this press, but they're not cheap at about $4 a pop (I've bought about 70 of these things over the years myself). If you have 30 or 40 die sets it could get awfully expensive. Some think other lock rings are as good if not better for this press, but I disagree. YMMV.

RiverRider,

Midway USA has a kit to swap the Forster COAX from the universal setup to a shell holder setup. If I remember correctly it was around $30. I got this setup for my COAX and it's best of both worlds now.

Trystan

Last edited by Trystan; 07/20/19.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field