Thanks to all for the helpful comments.

I agree all should work fine.

My top three favorites, in order of preference, were the 190gr ABLR; the 200 Fed. Edge TLR; and the 180gr Fed. Trophy Copper.

Being in town for 36 hours, I went to the 100yd range and tried them out for accuracy. Unfortunately the first two were not giving me what I want (I know it’s more than I need) out of that rifle. A Rem. 700 BDL I worked hard through my 19th summer in 1987 to be able to afford above and beyond all of my other expenses. I worked 14-hour days, instead of 12-hour days painting houses to be able to afford it.

It shot the 180gr TC in half inch groups, and, given that it was in the running, I think I will use that for now.

I will reshoot the other ones later to see if it’s an aberration, but, today, I could shoot the 180gr TC loads much tighter than anything else today. I ran five 3-shot groups through it, waiting about 4 minutes in between each shot to keep the barrel from getting crazy hot, and some of the groups were all touching, and none were over 3/4”.

My 12-yr-old son and I are heading to my Colorado property tomorrow, and I will be play with it there at longer range (up to 700 yds).