Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I have an old buck 110 that I have had since around 1978. I realized that I locked my keys in the truck when I came out of the woods after dark. Had to pry open a vent window (remember those?) and broke the tip. I reshaped it but probably not as good as buck would have done.

Still have the knife but use it on the work bench. I think I may send it in for a reconditioning. Thanks.

I have a very similar story. My first Buck was a 110 purchased in '78 and while living in the dorm in college in either 80 or 81 had a high school buddy come and visit and he locked his keys in his Dodge truck and "borrowed" my knife to open/pry his slider back window open. He got the window opened but left me with a shorter blade. I too reshaped it to make it work but its not pretty.

I think my old knife needs to go home and be reborn. The service sounds great. After reconditioning I might have to reacquaint the knife with it's old nicely patina ed sheath which now holds my newest 110. It's an automatic in 30SV, a really cool knife.