I moved up here 23 years ago. At that time, on this lot where this house is, there was a really old, ugly, pink house trailer. Like what you would have seen in a trailer park in 1960. Twelve foot wide and about 45 feet long.
Nobody lived there, but about once a year, I would see some people on the porch, I guess they came up from out of town for a little vacation. It is right across the road from the French Broad River.

This guy bought this place a year ago, and he told me his plan was to just fix up the old pink trailer. Remodel it. And, he said, the old trailer had a sh*t-rigged septic tank, he was just going to continue using the old POS septic system.
But, when he got into fixing up the old trailer he discovered it was all infested with bugs and rats and not worth the trouble. So they took the metal of the trailer to be recycled. And they built this house.

This house is a "tiny house." I would say it is about 500 square feet, it is built by this outfit. nanostead.com
It is a very well built house. Very expensive no doubt.

So, once the guy had to demo the old trailer, he had to get a new building permit, it was Auf Wiedersehen to the old septic, and he had to do this uphill pump septic system. I heard that the guy had tried to just sneak this house in without a permit or modification of the septic, but since it is right on the road he got caught by the inspector.