Keith,

Interesting.

Among other differences from your experience, I've had the 129 ABLR shoot better more often when seated well off the lands, in both the 6.5 PRC and SAUM. But it's one of the 6.5 bullets I try when looking for extreme accuracy. Even in my 6.5x57R Sauer drilling it will put five shots inside an inch at 100 yards, with a 4x scope. Dunno if you've shot many drillings, but that is pretty good. (Should add that the 129 Hornady Interlock does almost as well--as does the 125 Partition.)

Have had the 140 Partition shoot more accurately in a number of rifles than the 140 AccuBond, even after dinking considerably with powders and seating depth with the AB. But when the 140 AB perks, it really perks!

Have found the 130 Berger Hunting VLD shoot well in a number of rifles, but not overall as well as the 140.

A more general comment is that a lot of what works depends on the particular lot of bullets, as I know you know. Once had a big lot of 165-grain .30-caliber Nosler Partitions that shot like match bullets. Had a Juenke machine back then and that batch tested out as well as most match bullets, and not only shot little-bitty groups in my NULA .30-06 but a bunch of others rifles....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck